Error: not being able to read the authentication settings

Question on messaging by kiskadee.Dev, on 11/2/21:
Hello, I’m trying to avoid the ‘dedicated domain’ part of the install guide but it’s giving me a headache, when I try to open the website it gives me an error about not being able to read the authentication settings… will try to post a picture

Your issue is that api.192.168.X.X isn’t a valid domain

192.168.X.X is a valid IP, and you can access a website using the IP (and port) of a server.

api.yourdomain.com is a valid domain name.

api. breaches the RFC and therefore can’t be used.

@Lenny just seen this post…
I have posted a similar, however, I have used a domain and not an api and getting the same error.

I have posted the question here, on github and also sent an email to Corteza for assistance but so far no one has answered.

The issue started with me moving to a new server, now corteza doesnt want to play ball. I have kept all files the exact same as they were in the old server

If I am right, It appears that Percona DB is constantly showing as restarting and I dont know what I should change to sort it

Hi Paul. I’m on my holidays and several people of the engineering team are as well. So it can take a bit longer for engineers to help. Please note this is free help we offer here. Use github for bugs and please don’t send emails for free help. They normally have the opposite effect. :wink: I’m telling you this a friend. It’s not criticism, but they are just some tips :slight_smile: Aa, also refrain from sending messages like this to engineers on our team. My experience is that they find this obtrusive.

About your issue: sorry, I don’t know how to help. The other reply was from our old messaging site, which I copied to this forum.