Chart - dimension DATETIME / function MONTH

I did an upgrade from Corteza version 2021.3.10 → 2021.9.3

After upgrade, all charts with a DATETIME field (ex. Created At) , as dimension, and bucket function MONTH throw an error “Could not build chart option. invalid time value”.
If I choose DAY or WEEK, as bucket function, then everything is working fine.

I am positive this behavior is influenced by internationalization/language/date-time formatting , but here I didn’t change or add anything, I have only the default English.

I want to underline:
On Corteza version 2021.3.10 aforementioned charts work correctly even with MONTH function.

How should I proceed in this case ?

Can you try on the 2021.9.4-rc.1 version (https://github.com/cortezaproject/corteza-docs/blob/2021.9.x-changelog-4/src/modules/ROOT/pages/changelog/202109/04.adoc)?

There was an issue with localization which should be resolved with the .4 patch (the patch will be released a bit later today; the RC and the actual release will be the same)

Hi

I did some tests using 2021.9.4-rc.1 version.

Now, when bucket function MONTH is used the error “Could not build chart option. invalid time value” no longer occurs.

But, unfortunately, it seems that MONTH function doesn’t work at all.

I have created a new module and I have inserted data inside it.
Also, I have created a chart over this new module.
And :
*when bucket function DATE is used - the output is as expected.
*when bucket function WEEK is used - there is an output, but it is not aggregated at the week level.
*when bucket function MONTH is used - the chart is empty, although there is information that should be displayed.
*when bucket function QUARTER is used - the chart is empty, although there is information that should be displayed.
*when bucket function YEAR is used - the output is as expected.

I’ve opened another ticket to investigate this further.
Are there any errors in the console/network tab of the developer console?

An “issue” that happened to me once a little bit ago was that all of the records resided inside the same month so my line chart only had a single point which I missed.
Does this occur for all chart types?

I didn’t see any error in either log (corteza server log, corredor log, …) or development console.

Inside my test module there are 4 records (one record for October 2021, one record for November 2021 and two records for December 2021).
The chart, with MONTH as bucket function, shows:

• chart type “Bar” and “Line” - no output is displayed (chart is empty).
  • chart type “Pie” and “Doughnut” - there is an output but the displayed result is wrong (all 4 records are cumulated as if they belonged to the same month).

PS.
If I use DATE or YEAR, as bucket function, the displayed result is correct regardless of the chart type “Bar”, “Line”, “Pie” and “Doughnut”.

Are you using MySQL or PostgreSQL?

I am using - PostgreSQL

That was the issue with my testing… I managed to reproduce it with PostgreSQL.
We should have it sorted by the next patch release.

We prepared a fix for the MONTH bucket and it will be released with 2021.9.6, the QUARTER still needs some discussion before we implement any changes on it

1 Like