Creating, Testing, Deploying new features

I have forked:

• corteza-js
  • corteza-vue
  • corteza-webapp-compose
  • corteza-server

I want to create a custom code block that will require rebuilding the whole stack due to new/modified server functionality and so on.

I have pulled all other repos along side in order to run ‘make install-fresh’ as opposed to the alternatives which require creating releases to be downloaded as tarballs.

I’ve replaced your references to corteza-js and corteza-vue in the package.json in order to pull my github in hopes that it will use my changes after building.

I have tried many different configurations/github link styles and I’ve even tried just building your most recent branches from all the repositories listed in your release pipeline in the documentation and even then I get dependency issues.

Is there something I am doing wrong, misinterpreting, or skipping that isn’t mentioned in the documentation?
For example:
Is publishing vue and js as npm packages the only way to build this out?
Can the release pipeline only work through github actions or docker builds?
Do we have to modify other environment files or configuration scripts in order for the platform to accept our changes/repos?

I’m afraid I can’t help here
but interested in the topic

good luck

What dependency errors are you getting?
You should build your corteza-js and corteza-vue packages – you don’t need to use NPM; you can use GitHub’s package manager or even reference locally built packages (you can point a package to your local FS).

I didn’t know exactly how to answer your question precisely, so I went through the whole process of building fresh ‘latest’ repos and building my own forked ones.
The format for the text document in the zip I’m attaching is as follows:
issues.zip (1.5 KB)

>repo:
command: output summary (0 being no errors)

As for referencing locally built packages, I was trying to run install-fresh to do just that unless I misunderstood the purpose of that command in the server Makefile but the webapp cant build because it cant find my packages/modules (Which I need to be installed from GitHub due to how our release is planned to be structured).

small side question: Does the corteza-server/webapp/public/**/* need dist directories? Is that part of the github workflows/actions for releasing binaries and such?

What node version are you using? Our actions use v12; does it work with that one?
What OS are you using? IIRC there are some package issues on MacOS and we haven’t yet gotten around to resolving those.

I did a quick experiment locally to see what I can see and it worked ok-ish for me:

corteza-js:

Fixed error in src/corredor/webapp-ctx.ts
Added // @ts-ignore to the line that raised error; this line super(args, pino(), {}).

Ran:

> rm -rf node_modules

> yarn

> yarn build

corteza-vue

Changed packages.json

{
  "dependencies": {
    "@cortezaproject/corteza-js": "file:/home/tomaz/Documents/work/corteza/corteza-js",
  }
}

Ran

> rm -rf node_modules

> yarn

> yarn build

corteza-webapp-admin

Changed packages.json

{
  "dependencies": {
    "@cortezaproject/corteza-js": "file:/home/tomaz/Documents/work/corteza/corteza-js",
    "@cortezaproject/corteza-vue": "file:/home/tomaz/Documents/work/corteza/corteza-vue",
  }
}

Ran

> rm -rf node_modules

> yarn

> yarn build

With all that, my admin webapp got built so I would suspect there is some env/os issue.
We did have quite a struggle with some Windows dev environments; are you using Windows?

I would suggest that you go step by step over the GH actions for the packages and webapps (look at the release one).