CRM Leads questions

Corteza v2021.9.6 Docker install

Lead Dashboard:

1. i am unable to create a chart using the Lead Owner (“OwnerId”).
  • when i select Charts->New Chart->Generic Chart, select “Module: Lead”, the select choice in “Dimensions->Field”, there is option for owner. there is lead source and lead type, but no lead owner.

Lead:

1. list of leads, select a lead (module Lead".
  • the options “Convert this Lead into an Account” and the other automation button are disabled.
  • how do i enable this button?
    the automation help doc only shows scripting (this is a docker install), and i do not see a permissions setting.

Thanks

You currently can not use some fields as a dimension, such as rich text and references (record and user types).

To overcome the limitation you can create a new field (let’s call it ref_owner) and a fresh workflow that populates a newly created field with some value from the reference.

I gave this a quick test on a fresh instance and it worked fine.
One issue I’ve spotted is that the email send step failed due to me not configuring SMTP.
Make sure your SMTP configuration is fine (so you can send out emails).
If you don’t wish to send out emails, remove any function step of type Email.

To debug if there is some other issue you can:

• In the page builder, edit the automation page block and re-add the two buttons.
    Perhaps there was some issue with referencing when provisioning your instance.
  • Open up the developer console (ctrl+shift+j), go to the network tab and click on the button.
    Are there any requests happening? Any errors?
  • Open up the related workflow (in the workflow web application) and try to run it manually.
    To do that, hover over the trigger and click on the little green play button; fill in the parameters and run it.

Thanks, i will give it a try.
This was an upgrade from 2020.12 to 2021.9.5 (clean install then restore DB) then upgrade to 2021.9.6

Just an update.

It appears the restore caused the workflow problem?
i followed the Backups :: Corteza Docs

I did a clean install locally and everything was working ok, the automation buttons were clickable and working.

• I had to export the workflow list from clean install and import into non-working install.
  • after import, i did your suggestion and deleted and re-added the automation buttons. this worked.

I dont know if its the “offline” install (vs production) but i did a backup and restore of clean install.

• after restore the site would not work after logging in.
    restore error

output from logs:
db_1 | 2022-02-14T16:00:00.073422Z 0 [System] [MY-010931] [Server] /usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections. Version: ‘8.0.22-13’ socket: ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ port: 3306 Percona Server (GPL), Release 13, Revision 6f7822f.
db_1 | mbind: Operation not permitted
db_1 | mbind: Operation not permitted

Can you try to restart your server? Does that fix it?

Can you take a look at your dump SQL files to check if they are ok? MySQL sometimes adds a few permission related error messages which could cause issues.

Can you inspect the contents of the auth_clients table? Can you also send over the .env file (make sure to remove any sensitive info).

The restart worked after a restore. site responds.

my backup sql file did not include the workflow items (the backup from upgrade of 2020.12 → 2021.9.5, 2021.9.6)
i looked through a few of my old backup files and the “automation_workflows” table does not exist.

i also got this error on the backup command:

mysqldump: Error: ‘Access denied; you need (at least one of) the PROCESS privilege(s) for this operation’ when trying to dump tablespaces

site wont let me upload a file (new user)
here is text of .env: (only diff was i think i turned on debug messages)
########################################################################################################################

docker-compose supports environment variable interpolation/substitution in compose configuraiton file

(more info: https://docs.docker.com/compose/environment-variables)

########################################################################################################################

General settings

DOMAIN=crm.xxxxx.net
VERSION=2021.9.6

Database connection

DB_DSN=xxxxuser:xxxxpass@tcp(db:3306)/xxxxname?collation=utf8mb4_general_ci

Server settings

Serve Corteza webapps alongside API

HTTP_WEBAPP_ENABLED=true

Disable actionlong for local demo

ACTIONLOG_ENABLED=false

Send actionlog to container logs as well

ACTIONLOG_DEBUG=true

Uncomment for extra debug info if something goes wrong

LOG_LEVEL=debug

Use nicer and colorful log instead of JSON

LOG_DEBUG=true

Authentication

Secret to use for JWT token

Make sure you change it (>30 random characters) if

you expose your deployment to outside traffic

AUTH_JWT_SECRET=xxxxxxx

For the Lead Dashboard issue:

The “OwnerId” field is a relationship field, which means that it references another record in the system. In this case, the “OwnerId” field of the Lead module references the User module. Therefore, to create a chart based on the “OwnerId” field, you need to add a relationship field to the chart by selecting “Add field” and then selecting “User” as the related module. This will allow you to select the “OwnerId” field as a dimension in the chart.

For the Lead module issue:

The “Convert this Lead into an Account” button is disabled when the lead does not meet the criteria for conversion. To enable the button, you need to ensure that the lead has all the required fields filled in, such as the account name, account phone number, and account email address. Once all the required fields are filled in, the button should become enabled.

Regarding permissions, you can check the permissions for the Lead module by going to “Admin” → “Roles” → “Edit Role” → “Module Permissions”. Make sure that the role that you are using has the “Create” and “Edit” permissions for the Lead module.