Expression with dynamic field

hi tjerman,

I work with stepha59 and I don’t know if you understood our need or if it’s us.
In a module, we want to add an expression to a field dynamically. Example, following an iterator or a lookup, the result is the same as a field of a module.

So, I’d like to be able to do something like this: “record.values.” + result in the Target part of the expression.

I don’t know if it’s clear enough but thank you in advance for your answers.

Hi, what I understand from your question is that you want to do some kind of operation in the expression field such as lookup fields.

what I understand from Corteza is the expression fields are very limited and simple if you have little advanced logic such as lookup fields (fetch the related record data needs REST API request) you would go with Workflow (or automation scripts)

However, Corteza team currently working on a physical schema that is critical for such an operation and could enable accessing nested records easily … so you could see the bright future the platform promise

@benb781 you can’t currently do lookups and other advanced operations from field expressions, but that dynamic part of the expression should still work using the method outlined in the workflow thread.

It could also make sense if you write down your use-case so I can try to suggest something similar/better