I want to run frontend in development mode without building it

I want to develop a CRM by revamping the UI of the web applications. Currently, I observe that there are six web applications, each with its separate repository.

To streamline my development process, I am seeking advice on setting up a dynamic development environment. Specifically, I aim to achieve a setup where any changes made to the frontend result in an immediate reflection in the browser, without the need for rebuilding and then redeploying.

While I am familiar with the process of running the frontend after building, my goal is to have a setup that allows me to witness changes in real-time, eliminating the need for constant rebuilding.

I would greatly appreciate your insights, guidance, tips, or any best practices you can share regarding such a development environment setup.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your valuable suggestions.

1 Like

Our web apps are vue applications so you can use standard vue development instructions.

Alternatively, you could consider using our newly added features to supply custom CSS; @jfortun @katrinyordanova if you could provide some links/instructions for this please

1 Like

By the way; all web applications are now under here; no longer under a separate repository.

1 Like

@tjerman thanks for quick reply.
I am a react developer and I want to covert this frontend from Vue to React. Currently I am just trying to see the application locally and see the workings of frontend. Currently I am not able to understand the folder structure and its workings. As i see multiple repos in the same folder(client/web).

Do I need to run all these applications(admin, compose, workflow etc) individually in different ports or we have some other tricks?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

huh… feels quite ambitious to convert all of these vue apps to react apps

There isn’t much to understand

• /server - this is where the back-end is (go)
  • /client/web/*** - this is where all the web applications are
  • /lib/*** - this is where the proprietary libraries are at

This is so that we don’t need to have so many repositories (we migrated to a mono repo a year or two back). Everything is the same apart from having a single git repository to commit to.

When developing locally, run each individually withyarn serve (don’t forget to yarn install).

I’m not sure what the point is of rewriting our apps to react apps; perhaps a better idea would be to create a dedicated web app for the CRM (or some other low-code app you’ve built) but that’s just my 2c

1 Like

Hi @Gopal , have you checked the local development guide at Corteza Server :: Corteza Docs ?

2 Likes

Appreciation to @tjerman for the response!

I work as a freelancer, and my client is seeking a distinct UI while maintaining the same backend. He firmly believes that the current UI lacks the necessary intuitiveness for sales and marketing professionals.

I noticed that webapp-corteza-one encompasses all the web apps. However, I’m encountering a new challenge with custom CSS. It appears that you have introduced a new feature related to this. Could you please share any relevant links or information about it?

1 Like

Yes @peter. It seems I only need webapp-corteza-one, as it contains all the apps like admin, workflow etc.

1 Like

It does not. It’s basically a thing that points to other things.

1 Like

Oo. Now I understand.

1 Like