Is there such a thing as a demo user or account?

Hello, I set up corteza locally and can reach the application. Unfortunately I can’t create a user because the confirmation mail doesn’t arrive. The SMTP data are correct.

Is there such a thing as a demo user or account?

Thanks very much

% docker logs <hash of server-1>
{"level":"warn","ts":1681729017.2251115,"msg":"Environmental variables (SMTP_*) and SMTP settings (most likely changed via admin console) are not the same. When server was restarted, values from environmental variables were copied to settings for easier management. To avoid confusion and potential issues, we suggest you to remove all SMTP_* variables"}

The docker-compose.yaml

version: '3.5'

services:
  server:
    image: cortezaproject/corteza:${VERSION}
    restart: always
    env_file: [ .env ]
    depends_on: [ db ]
    ports: [ "127.0.0.1:18080:80" ]

db:
    # PostgreSQL Database
    # See https://hub.docker.com/_/postgres for details
    image: postgres:13
      #    networks: [ internal ]
    restart: always
    healthcheck: { test: ["CMD-SHELL", "pg_isready -U corteza"], interval: 10s, timeout: 5s, retries: 5 }
    volumes:
      - "dbdata:/var/lib/postgresql/data"
    environment:
      # Warning: these are values that are only used on 1st start
      #          if you want to change it later, you need to do that
      #          manually inside db container
      POSTGRES_USER:     corteza
      POSTGRES_PASSWORD: corteza

volumes:
  dbdata:

The .env

########################################################################################################################
# docker-compose supports environment variable interpolation/substitution in compose configuration file
# (more info: https://docs.docker.com/compose/environment-variables)

########################################################################################################################
# General settings
DOMAIN=localhost:18080
VERSION=2022.9

# Database connection
DB_DSN=postgres://corteza:corteza@db:5432/corteza?sslmode=disable

# Server settings

# Running all-in-one and serving web applications directly from server container
HTTP_WEBAPP_ENABLED=true

# Disabled, we do not need detailed persistent logging of actions in local env
ACTIONLOG_ENABLED=false

# SMTP (mail sending) settings

# Point this to your local or external SMTP server if you want to send emails.
# In most cases, Corteza can detect that SMTP is disabled and skips over sending emails without an error
SMTP_HOST=mail.xxx.net:587
SMTP_USER=test@xxx.com
SMTP_PASS=xxx
SMTP_FROM='"Demo" <test@xx.com>'

Hi Roman,

in my opinion it is a bug in the initial setup of the mail settings. have a Look at this Thread: Corteza Email sending Failed - #3 by pascal

As far as I know there are no default/demo accounts. At least I couldn’t find any user before first registration with this command:

docker exec -it <<containername>> corteza-server users list

After I’ve done this steps, the mails will sent successfully.

Hope it helps!

Hi Pascal,

thank you for your message. Executing:

% docker exec -it e270ac9dca64fe96f4426ab69b5648fe5c2821855d2ebfdfd0e2d0021288ab9a corteza-server users list
                     Created    Updated    EmailAddress
  333013380463853571 2023-04-17 2023-04-17 f.flintstone@boulder.com                                                                                   Fred Flintstone

creates a user list. But the email still doesn’t work. That can’t work either because:

% docker logs
{"level":"error","ts":1681827128.4664826,"logger":"service.auth-notification","msg":"auth notification send failed","requestID":"e270ac9dca64/8YWnCLIr1L-000061","name":"auth_email_confirm","email":"f.flintstone@boulder.com","error":"could not send email: gomail: could not send email 1: 550 5.1.8 <info@example.tld>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found"}

It won’t work as long as info@example.tld isn’t overwritten with the correct value. Sure, can’t either. The problem, if it really is a problem, has been around for a long time. There are issues on this topic: #7 #288 and #372.

And I opened #1149 because I create tickets half the day anyway because nothing works properly anymore :slight_smile:

I saw forks out of the corner of my eye. I’ll take a look. Maybe someone has a different strategy. And if that doesn’t help, I’ll open my own shop.

Thanks very much,
Roman

Hi Roman,

that’s correct. This part you’ve executed was only an info for checking if there are other users than your already created.
If you check my first comment again, you will see the link to another thread with the same issue as described by you: Corteza Email sending Failed - #3 by pascal

You can find two commands there:

docker exec -it <<containername>> corteza-server settings set auth.mail.from-address <<mailaddress>>
docker-compose restart server

the first line will overwrite the info@example.tld with your correct existing mailaddress

you can check these setting after restart with:

docker exec -it <<containername>> corteza-server settings list | grep auth.mail.from-address

Hello Pascal,

thank you for your message. Unfortunately I missed your post. Those who can read have a clear advantage.

It works like a charm. I’ll get down to low coding right away.

Greetings
Roman