Record Lookup Expression

Hello,

I’m creating a workflow with the goal of presenting the user with a button that offers the option to send the record to the store. I’m having difficulty understanding the correct string for the record ID. I’m using the ‘compose record lookup’ function, and for the record* (ID) box, I’ve experimented with both record.values.SurveyID and ‘SurveyID ==’ + record.recordID. I’m receiving an error message indicating an unknown parameter. Any insights into where I’m making a mistake or what essential detail I’m overlooking would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi @retroserie

Could you check the following in your workflow?:

1. Is the trigger step sufficiently constrained for the namespace and module where you want to execute the workflow (“Execution Module”)?

2. The lookup function (step 56) references the Target Module and Namespace by way of their handles - ensure that the Expression toggles = false.

3. The lookup function (step 56) uses an ID to find the corresponding record in the Target Module - make sure that the Expression toggle = true.

4. Ensure that the field “SurveyID” exists in the Execution Module and is of a “Record selector” type.

5. Ensure that a field of the type “Record Selector” (and references the Execution Module) exists in the Target Module.

Regards,
Mark

2 Likes

Thank you for your response!

I went through your list and changed the field “SurveyID” to “Record Selector” and referenced it to the execution module. Everything else is correct.
When I run the workflow I still recieve an error message in step 56 for record* (ID)

Test failed: workflow 369156414301536260 step 56 execution failed: expression “record.values.SurveyID” failed: unknown parameter record.values.SurveyID

Test failed: workflow 369156414301536260 step 56 execution failed: expression “"SurveyID ==" + record.recordID” failed: invalid operation (string) + ()

Any ideas?

I’m a bit late, but the expression should be

“SurveyID=='”+record.recordID+“'”

It’s an expression that needs to result in a string.

Test failed: workflow 369156414301536260 step 56 execution failed: expression “"SurveyID==‘"+record.recordID+"’"” failed: invalid operation (string) + ()

That indicates you don’t have a record object in the workflow.
Make sure your triggers are correct so they accept a record when the workflow is triggered.
Otherwise you have to fetch it manually based on your “recordID”