Recurring Event

Hi, I’m trying to create a recurring event system in Corteza using a Workflow. The goal is to calculate future event dates based on a recurrence type (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, yearly). I’ve been using the Expressions step to write simple logic, but I’m encountering constant parsing errors, even with basic expressions.

Examples of what I’ve tried:

• return “test”; - Error: unexpected String.
  • Simple arithmetic and arrays like return [7, 14, 21]; or var result = 7; also cause parsing issues.

Could someone provide guidance on how to handle these calculations?

Thanks for your help!

You should use DateTime functions to parse dates
https://docs.cortezaproject.org/corteza-docs/2023.9/integrator-guide/expr/fnc-reference.html#_date_and_time_functions

I’m getting closer, but when I test the workflow, it stops at the gateway and shows the following error message: “Test failed: workflow 410193834392158210 step 33 execution failed: unknown parameter record.values.Reoccur”

When I save a new record, it says the session completes successfully, but testing the workflow triggers this error. My goal is for the workflow to continue only if “Yes” is selected in the “Reoccur” field. How can I resolve this issue?

If you’re testing in the worfklow builder, make sure you provide the proper initial scope variables, so it can be tested. You probably didn’t provide the record, so that’s why it doesn’t have the field.

If you did, make sure you’re using the field name and not the title.

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)