Workflow Debugging

Hello, I am having some trouble using Workflows in the online Corteza (Trial).

• For the online version, how does one see the server logs to understand what data was exchanged. Specifically, for the http request function want to see what the request / response is.
  • I added in a Prompt so I could display one of the variables in the message. However, as soon as I add the prompt function in - the workflow shows “deferred” (see screenshot) and upon hitting the green play button it never executes.
  • Once I add a prompt in the Workflow I created, not only does it show deferred on this workflow but all other sample workflows as well. (This seems like a bug).

Other sample workflows are also showing deferred:

For now, I’d suggest you use prompts since you don’t have server access. We’ll look into enabling the web console for cloud instances but for now use prompts.

Prompts are handled by Low Code, Admin, and One web applications so have a new Low Code tab opened and it should show.

A workflow is marked as deferred if it uses a prompt or a delay step (you added a prompt so it is deferred).
The second screenshot shows another workflow with a prompt so it is also deferred.
Try opening CRM - Case - Insert Number is that one also deferred?

Prompts are handled by Low Code, Admin, and One web applications so have a new Low Code tab opened and it should show.

Yes - that worked for me, was able to see the prompts.

For now, I’d suggest you use prompts since you don’t have server access. We’ll look into enabling the web console for cloud instances but for now use prompts.

I can use it for now, but it definitely isn’t the most graceful solution. Would be great if there was some way to see the data in the variables in the Workflow builder itself. Logs will definitely be better than prompts, but would be best to see the values in the editor.

A workflow is marked as deferred if it uses a prompt or a delay step (you added a prompt so it is deferred).
The second screenshot shows another workflow with a prompt so it is also deferred.
Try opening CRM - Case - Insert Number is that one also deferred?

Nope, this wasn’t showing as deferred → so not a bug. Thanks!

1 Like