Docker compose error volumes from

Im trying to install a production corteza environment. Im doing this through team viewer remote control on a linux machine.

After creating the my-proxy file and creating the docker-compose.yaml and custom.conf files and attempting to run docker-compose up -d I get an error
ERROR: The Compose file ‘./docker-compose.yaml’ is invalid because:
Unsupported config option for services.nginx-letsencrypt: ‘volumes_from’

I have tried this both after creating the entire file structure in the installation guide and with just creating the my-proxy folder and documents only.

I am using what I believe is the most up to date set of instructions

Hi

Judging by the error the is an issue with you docker-compose file, double check you indentations as well as your read:write permissions on the volume you are installing to.

Kind regards

Hi @taylorychin ,

the docs are using configuration for docker-compose v1, but you are probably using the v2 or v3 version.

Check how to change the volumes_from to v2 volumes: How to replace volumes_from in docker-composer v3 - Stack Overflow

We have a plan to upgrade and update docs in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned.

Hi there,

I recently found this thread in our forum that should also assist with the error you are receiving.

Regards