RFC on the documentation

Corteza and the documentation have come a long way since the early days but there are always things we could improve.

Along the bits and pieces scattered around the topics and their comments, could the community write down their thoughts, suggestions, and ideas here also?

The main things I would like feedback on is:

• The documentation search,
  • the structure and how easy/hard is it to find what you’re looking for.

The majority of effort has been invested into the Low-Code Platform Developer Guide so please base your feedback on that.

Thank you in advance for all of your valuable feedback!

1 Like

I have been following it from 2021.3 and as you mentioned it came a long way. For me the structure seems fine to me and I can find what I want from the menu itself. I mostly never user the search feature so I dont have any thought on that. However I would like to request to put some more details and examples for following point:

1. Some simple working examples for server side and client side automation scripting.
  2. Some simple working examples of the server plugins.
  3. simple explaination and usecase of the current queue and socket implementation.
  4. Some more details and examples of using KV and Array in workflow expressions.

In your opinion, would you prefer to have a more condensed menu – for example, if you’re accessing the Low-Code Platform Developer Guide you would only see the subpages for that guide.
I feel like the current setup may be a bit intimidating for newcomers so I think I would like to have it a bit more guided based on what they are looking for.

Would you be able to help us out with examples? We do have some samples here, here, and here and some legacy code from when we used automation scripts for CRM and service solution

In your opinion, would you prefer to have a more condensed menu – for example, if you’re accessing the Low-Code Platform Developer Guide you would only see the subpages for that guide.
I feel like the current setup may be a bit intimidating for newcomers so I think I would like to have it a bit more guided based on what they are looking for.

As I said for me after spending little bit time, I feel comfortable with the setup. But maybe as new commer it might be littlebit intimating as you mentioned. I think all the documentations are there but need to be rearranged. Please note following are just my thoughts, maybe there is a better way than this.
So for example if we expand the “Low code Platform Developers Guide” the first sub menu is Authentication and if clicked on " Low-Code Platform Developer Guide" link the first sub heading is “The security model”, I think in both the place it should start with with “Creating a custom Low Code app” the “Creating first module”, “Creating first record page/List page”, then there should be wokflows, automation, Authentication/permissions and Api access.

Would you be able to help us out with examples? We do have some samples here , here , and here and some legacy code from when we used automation scripts for CRM and service solution

Thanks for the links, I will try to go through those. If I find something that is not there and I am able to figure it out, I will definantly send it to you guys.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, @sourav.mukherjee

I’ll take the liberty and tag a couple of active users on this forum to make sure they see this thread :innocent: any feedback is highly appreciated :pray:

@tnissen @jpdigi @CezarRadan @HSorensen @carsonoffill @Razva @CFC @Pointswell @alscheuring @bouba @Sto @sashker @Strijelac @shaneburrell @anamati @b.rayene

Ok. To be honest i had some troubles in the past to get infos but i cant remember the cases or solutions. I often expect the answers to my question in the wrong category so a condensed navigation would make it more complicated for me. The way back needs more clicks. :wink:

I m with mukherjee, especially on 3 and 4, most of the time im struggling with data structures (i know, sounds stupid, cause they are standard - but i m doin so much different things…)

I think some complete examples on more complex usecases for the dumbest possible user would be a great benefit.

I m nearly done with my corteza setup. After that i hopefully have some time to write down lessons learned and / or tutorials. Can take some time but i m still on corteza thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve moved to Apple M1 chipset, so I can’t use Corteza at the moment, so can’t make any comment.

I look forward to Corteza being available on M1 soon.

hi @Pointswell - this is a solvable issue :slight_smile: do you mind opening a new topic, and @vicky, aka our M1 mastermind, will help you set it up?

Cheers, Mia

I know this is a bit late response, but here are my inputs

• I use the search all the time, the menu navigation is a bit confusing
  • I’ve noticed some useful pages in the documentation are not in the menu
  • some of the pages are well detailed some are just highlighting
  • the reference pages could be improved greatly … I think these pages should be the most detailed ones. because if we didn’t know how to do something we could refer to the reference and build our knowledge from there. for example, built-in functions, calculated fields(expressions), query language (structures/logic behind it, more important than examples), rest-API, and automation(workflow/scripts)
  • still want to use reports for their aggregation ability but could figure it out, feels a bit complicated
  • last thing I can think of is the OAuth since we would extend Corteza with different applications authentication is very important
1 Like

Can you be more specific/provide some examples of what you’d like to see?

Could you link the ones you found? I’ve probably messed up when refactoring and they got lost.