I am using the 2021.9 version and I have an issue with using the workflow step “Create file…”. I would like to generate a PDF file with a summary for my customer and allow my user to download it. I have gathered the data and used the “Render template” function. As the result of this function, I am getting the report (RenderedDocument) variable. As a next step, I am trying to use the “Create file…” function. Those are my input parameters:
- content* (Reader) report.document (output variable from the “Render template”)
- resource* (ComposeRecord) record (the workflow will be started on the record details page)
I am also defining a name for the output variable (attachment).
I am getting an error: “not allowed to create empty attachments”
- I have no idea why this error occurs (I have used prompted to verify the report.document variable is not empty)
- I am unable to locate any documentation regarding using the Attachment:
- how to add it to the record?
- do I need any special field within the record where any link to the attachment is held?
- how do I access the attachment?
Any help will be as always appreciated