Can someone please install Corteza on google cloud/ digital ocean or Oracle cloud

Please help me install production instance on google cloud, digital ocean or Oracke cloud.

I have been struggling to do it for the past month now and the forum is helping but to no success.

I dont want to use the online corteza option because i dont know if i will struggle to get it onto my own server after i have it ready to deploy from the online option.

I can do a local installation easy but how do i push that local copy online to run it from one of the servers mentioned above? I keep getting problems for nginx and other issues.

If someone can help me im willing to pay, i really want to use corteza.

Or can i build locally and then clone that copy to the online version and is deployment onto my own server easy using the online version?

1 Like

Iā€™d be open to help you out at no cost over a video stream or something. I canā€™t guarantee iā€™ll help you see it all the way through but I can def give you a little more clarity into the nature of your problem.

Itā€™s been roughly a year since Iā€™ve had it up and running in a production environment but I have been thinking about spinning it back up so that I can trial some functionality to a local non-profit iā€™m volunteering my efforts too. Drop a contact and I can try to reach out.

Have you looked at the caprover instance of Corteza? Many packages/one-click-apps are outdated or outright broken without some tweaks but itā€™s a lot easier to get a handle on how the docker files + environment variables + nginx configs fit together since itā€™s pretty much a ā€˜bare-metalā€™ docker host and not a docker-as-a-service platform (if you want to call it that) where one logged error can tank the whole system.

2 Likes

Hi,

this is Iveta from Planet Crustā€™s sales department.

What youā€™re describing seems all doable in Corteza, I am happy to set up a call to discuss how best we can help.

Please, let me know your phone number and time when I can reach you best.

Feel free to reach me directly at iveta.fleming@planetcrust.com.

Kind regards,

Iveta

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply Iveta, I have sent you an email

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.

I have managed to install the nginx and corteza onto my oracle cloud instance and also changed my dns settings for my domain registrar but still im missing something because if Im going to the domain I get ā€œthe site cant be reachedā€

Am i pointing the dns wrong or did I do the installation wrong

Hey :slight_smile:
It would appear the DNS configuration is incorrect, is the instance and the domain with the same provider or are you required to configure Domain specifics such as NS records etc?

And if you were to use the public IP assigned to the domain and try SSH to the instance are you able to reach the instance? Looking at the trace routes while you are troubleshooting the domains might be worthwhile.

Hey Andreā€¦

No im using domains.co.za as my domain registrar and i want to use google cloud as the host or even Oracle cloud whichever is cheaper.

To answer your question yes i am able to ssh into the instanceā€¦ i made a detailed summary of what Iā€™ve done so far meaby if you can have a look there and see what am I missing or doing wrong?

Hi Andre,
Please I would really appreciate it if you can help me, I will send you a private message now.

I first tried this:

to no success and now im trying this with abit more success but still going nowhere:
This is what I have tried now and Iā€™m really about to give up with corteza completely as iā€™m just stuck in a installation loop the whole time

Somewhere im not understanding something, whether its related to the ports or how to connect to the container i have no idea

Would appreciate your help please

Hi Richard, How far did you progress?

I have some free time to experiment together (my skills include devops, java, docker, google-cloud, aws-cloud). Do you have an ec2 or some instance to play with > If yes we can create/destroy/create/destroy until we figure out the whole dev->qa->prod pushing changes etc.

Iā€™m more interested in docker-less install. But may be open to docker. I want to figure out if custom-development can follow CI/CD pattern, can we checkin custom-development code/config etc. Or, this system is a crude dump-a-db and restore-a-db in prodā€¦ that would be interesting how users use that process in prod.

Ping me.